blindness in the city

17 March 2006

Challenging the stereotype

In a taxi from meeting back to work. Guess the driver was late 50s Bristolian - 5Live on & phone-in about the new rape law. Taxi driver becoming anoyed at what he hears. I think, do I get into an argument or keep my mouth shut… I say:

“What are you thinking”

Taxi driver says:

“I think it’s all down to Thatcher’s government. It just tought people that they had a right to have what they want when they wanted it and not to care about anyone else. Some women say they’ve been raped when they haven’t but men just think that they have a right to do whatever they like with women. How old are you?”

“43”

“It’s your age group, a few years older and everyone after you”

I was shocked and moved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home